Please follow these steps carefully prior to your procedure to help ensure your procedure goes as smoothly as possible.
Contact your gastroenterologist or physician prior to your procedure date if:
- You are not sure what time to arrive at the center on the day of your procedure.
- You experience any changes in your health between your most recent visit to your physician and the day of your procedure, even minor ones like a temperature, cough or a cold.
- You suspect that you are pregnant. The Sedation medication may be harmful to the developing fetus.
- You have a latex allergy, diabetes, heart conditions, kidney or liver failure.
- You take medications on a regular basis. Your physician/gastroenterologist may have guidance about which medications you should or should not take on the day of your procedure.
The day before your procedure
Please follow the instructions given to you by Colorado Gastroenterology when you scheduled your appointment.
Morning of procedure
- Take a bath or shower and brush your teeth.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
What to bring with you on the day of your procedure
- Bring all insurance cards. It is important for us to have all the current and correct information.
- Bring a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license.
- Bring your form of payment, if required.
- Bring a copy of your consent forms and an Advance Directive if you have one. Your signature will be required in accordance with your particular procedure.
- If you take insulin, bring the bottle of insulin and syringes with you.
- Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to the center, receive discharge instructions, and drive you home. It is recommended that someone stay with you for the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- Limit the number of people who accompany you to the center.
What not to bring to the surgery center
- Leave all jewelry, cash and valuables at home. We cannot be responsible for their safety.